|About Ignite ALDP|
|Ignite ALDP (IALDP), a subsidiary of Ignite Energy Resources (IER), was selected as one of only three successful companies globally to win the highly competitive ALDP in Victoria. IALDP will receive A$20 million funding via the ALDP grant program, and a A$30 million investment from key strategic partner PT. Bukit Energy Investama. The A$84 million project will see IALDP engineer, construct, commission and operate a 142,000 tonne p.a Commercial Demonstration Module (CDM) in the Latrobe Valley. This plant is a scale up of the third generation large pilot plant currently operating at IER’s Somersby, NSW facility. Based on a successful ALDP project, IALDP aim to roll out commercial scale plants in the Latrobe Valley and globally.|
|The Ignite CDM is a commercial scale module of the patented Catalytic-Hydrothermal Reactor (Cat-HTR) and can do the following.|
- Rapidly and economically upgrade lignite into:
- Is a net producer of water when in operation.
- Can co-process lignite with waste biomass (e.g. wood waste and agricultural waste), further reducing the emissions footprint of the resultant products.
|The products from the Cat-HTR process therefore have broad application outside the typical power generation use of lignite, opening up new markets and adding value to Victoria’s vast lignite reserves. |
|IALDP believe that their Cat-HTR technology supports Victoria’s vision of maximising the value of lignite while minimising its environmental impact, building a sustainable energy future, and supporting local job creation.|
|IALDP Plant Location|
|The Ignite CDM will be constructed on EnergyAustralia’s site south of the Yallourn open cut mine and the Princes Highway, off Marretts Road in Yallourn, Victoria.|
|Committed to Community Consultation|
|IALDP is committed to ongoing consultation with the community through the life of the Ignite CDM project.|
- On 22nd October 2015, the IALDP website went live – ignitealdp.com.au
- IALDP conducted two public community drop-in centre events on the 10th and 14th November 2015 at Morwell Bowling Club, with some 25 people in total attending.
- An 1800 project phone number has been set up, as a further touch-point with the community.